Wednesday 30 July 2014

FEATURE: MY AUG-SEP WATCH LIST

Yes it's been a little quiet feature wise.

Big Finish is done and I'm waiting for August. Actually, speaking off August, this site is going to be super busy from month number 7. All my favorite stuff is starting back up again, plus a couple of new ones to boot. Ignoring Doctor Who (because let's face it, mentioning it screams DUH! obviously), we have Perception that is still going strong in it's third season.


Legend of Korra has been hit and miss for me this season. More misses than hits I'm afraid. I'm not the only one whose noticed that it's pace is even slower than Sword Art Online II. Not only did they mess up the former by putting out two episodes weekly, but now it's moving from TV to internet streaming. Not cancelled, but still. Never a good sign. I'm be honest, the plot is also kinda weak compared to season 1 and 2.

I've always been a fan of Suits, but season 4 tried to do something a little different and if episode 6 is anything to go by, they epically failed. Hopefully, things will start to get back on the bromance Mike/Harvey track instead of the Mike vs Harvey trainwreck.

After wiping the floor with my brain in Part 1, I am literally counting down the days until A Certain Scientific Railgun S returns for the last part later in August. I just found this absolute troll on one of the youtube videos featuring a Railgun S clip. Just from one 1 minute clip, they cite and preach 'boobs and fanservice' everywhere. How f**king ignorant is that? Let's all laugh at the fool together. *Laugh* Anybody who has watched Railgun, especially the 2nd season will know that it is anything but boobs and fanservice. More like nightmare fuel put on steroids.

I must admit, I am really looking forward to September because the Fall (Spring in South Africa) release of various new TV series' premieres. I really don't get the American vs British hatefest. I have seen some awful American releases, but the same is true across the pond. Actually, if you're into anime, you know that stinkers are everywhere. I generally use the Gustaff-Triangle when I decide something's worth: Intriguing Plot, Fanservice, Action. 

Problem with America: Too much action, too much fanservice. 
Problem with Britain: Too little action, not enough fanservice. 
Problem with anime: Too much fanservice, plot not intriguing enough. 

I try and find something that connects the three in the center.

First up, we have Scorpion, a dramatized version of real-life IT genius Walter O'Brien, who recruits other geniuses to help solve complex problems of the world. Apparently, the show's technical hacking sequences will also feature genuine hacker tools and techniques which I find enticing. It reminds me of Summer Wars which also showed us how hackers in real-life operate.

Everybody is talking about Gotham - the highly anticipated pre-Batman police drama about James Gordon. I will admit, before I saw the trailer, I thought they were just milking the Batman franchise and basically screwing over fans by doing Batman on TV without actually doing Batman. As I said - before I saw the trailer! I love me some good police procedural dramas and this one looks like it's going to be quite dark.

Forever resolves around Dr. Henry Morgan (Ioan Gruffudd), New York City's star medical examiner, who has a unique ability - He does not just study the dead to solve criminal cases, he does it to solve the mystery that has eluded him for 200 years—the answer to his own inexplicable immortality. This long life has given Henry remarkable observation skills which impresses his new partner, Detective Jo Martinez (Alana De La Garza - Connie from LAW AND ORDER people!). As someone who enjoys these eccentric police procedural dramas, Forever's trailer really managed to impress me.

Another hot property would have to be Attack on Titan, which concludes in September. I don't think I need to say much more. This title has one of the best plots, diverse characters, music and unique animation in recent years. Yes, the animation style grew on me! I happily accept it. After ending episode 13 on a very interesting note, I cannot wait to see where Eren and the group go from here.


Last, but not least! A Certain Magical Index II! Hell yeah! The anticipation is killing me. Monica Rial and Micah Solusod back as Index and Toma Kamijou. The Raildex shared universe is just one of the best I've seen. Especially considering that we will get more Accelerator action, plus Last Order. Seriously! Is there anyone alive who doesn't find mini-Misaka just the most adorable thing under the sun? Throw in the original Mikoto along with Kuroko, a couple of Churches, scantly clad nuns, clones and we have ourselves a jampacked series. I might ship Misaka and Touma, but I seriously want to see some Index/Touma moments happen. They are just magic. No pun intended.

So what's on your line-up for August-September? Is your scheduled synchronized with mine or are there a couple of gaps in my (or your) viewing pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment