Tuesday 21 January 2014

FEATURE: TOP FAVORITES!

Like most of the technological adept world out there, I am a huge fan of the television. For me, it's the greatest invention ever made. 

However, there is one problem with the television: The Good taste/ Bad taste argument. What's fun for me is droll for you and vice-versa. This is a sad truth, but a truth none the less. I've had a lot of people ask me how varied my taste in entertainment stretches as it seems to include any and everything. his is not only unrealistic, but untrue. Like everyone, I have my preferences. The most important element is connection for me. If I can't connect with either the story or the characters, then I'm wasting my time.

The overall imaginative of the storyline is also a key factor. There are dozens of police crime dramas out there. Actually, most of the time, a drama will be categorized into three: Police, Law or Medical. Those are the main ones. I'm a sucker for quirky, clever and eccentric characters like Adrian Monk or Shawn Spencer. A series needs a little extra to get my attention, but even I admit that TV Land is being overrun by weird eccentric people with some special power like perfect memory. Geez, there are a lot of those running around, aren't there?

As for the names that networks use to promote their series, I don't really care. I'm not my sister, I don't care whose on, as long as I connect with them. Actually, this isn't quite true. I've discovered that when it comes to animated stuff, I have favorites. It surprised me as I'm not like that with live-action, but voice actors like Josh Grelle, Monica Rial, Britney Karbowski and Alexis Tipton in the lead have helped push me into watching things I normally wouldn't bother with.

I also don't go crazy with whatever I watch. Doctor Who is a good example. Apart from the TV series and Big Finish audios, I don't buy any of the merchandise. The same is true for other shows as well. I also don't cosplay, dress up or attend conventions. I make it a habit not to personally meet my heroes. Following some of them on twitter is as far as I go. What I do however is spread the word. If I find something I like, then I have to get as many people into it as possible. That's just me. It comes off as annoying, but thankfully I live on the corner of "I don't give" and "a f**k" avenue.

Live-Action: What I follow
Doctor Who (naturally). I'm a huge Arrow fan, Agents of Shield, Castle and Psych (I love crime drama), Suits, Sleepy Hollow, Sherlock, Elementary, Perception

Animated: What I follow
A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun, Fairy Tail, Legend of Korra

Favorite Five Live Action:
Burn Notice
Doctor Who
Monk
Castle
Hustle


Favorite Five Animated:
.Hack//Sign
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Fairy Tail
A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun
Gundam Seed


Favorite Five Movies:
First, let me just say that I'm not really a hardcore movie fanatic. It has to be a really good movie to even get my attention. I have difficulty sitting 1.5-2 hours straight and watch something.

The Italian Job (2003)
The Avengers (Love Marvel Movies)
Resident Evil
Summer Wars
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


And there you have it. A little bit of me wrapped up in a TV Special (get it?). Cheers guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment