Thursday 6 August 2015

RANDOM RANTS: WHY NO STEINS;GATE MOTHERF**KER!

It's been a long time since I did a random rant, but I feel like I need to do a big one and it's aimed directly at you FUNimation. Like what the f*ck are you waiting for?

Now for those of you who don't know, this all started about a year ago when FUNimation announced they'd gotten the license to dub and release Steins;Gate The Movie. Some of you might remember that I did a special article where I helped spread the word about how unbelievably excited I was for this news. I'm a huge Steins;Gate fan. It's in my top five of best anime ever sitting comfortably in the #2 slot right behind Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

If you've been with me at least that long or if you've checked out some of the other articles on this site, you'll know that I did an educated guess as to when I thought they'd release the dubbed version. My prediction was August 2015. We are now in August 2015 and we haven't even heard a peep out of Funimation about when the dubbed version is coming out. Not a fucking word people. They have literally had this property a year and they haven't done a fucking thing with it. Given the new Broadcast Dub thing they're experimenting with, I seriously did not expect to wait a whole fucking year and still be waiting for it to come out.

Now the logical explanation is that they're timing the movie's dubbed release with the new Steins;Gate 0 anime coming out sometime in spring (Autumn if you're living in the US) around October or early November. They might want to build on the new series' hype before releasing their product which makes sense. It makes really good sense considering I'm pretty sure Funimation is going to fight tooth and nail to add Steins;Gate 0 to their broadcast dub line-up.

Seriously, if FUNimation gets the Broadcast Dub rights to Steins;Gate 0, I will fucking scream. I will have the ultimate fangasm. None of you will hold a freaking candle I can guarantee you that much. I really hope FUNimation wins that fight. I'm sure they're already warming up in the corporate locker rooms. I am holding out for them to succeed.

I just don't want to wait any longer for the movie though. If this is their plan, then kudos. It makes marketing sense. I can't fault you for that. Life is ultimately about money. BUT! This is a huge but people. If this is not your plan. If you are not planning to double whammy fans with J Michael Tatum and Trina Nishimura goodness. If you are not going this route: Then what the hell is keeping you from releasing this thing? Please don't tell me you're waiting for Christmas. Seriously? You know that's a figure of speech we use right? It's not meant to be taken literally.

As I've said, we're in August right now. There is no sign or signal of Steins;Gate the movie so my next best guess is either shortly before Steins;Gate 0 airs in Japan or Christmas. Please don't make the release date any later than Christmas. Give me a white Christmas FUNimation. Give me the best possible gift I can get. But if you can't, make it November! I don't want any bullshit about 2016. Forget 2016! That's next year. We want Steins;Gate in 2015! We want it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment